Find your niche with fascination advantages

晚上9:07 0 Comments A+ a-


Spock who is in star trek says "Fascinating"

You don't have to meet Spock, to know that you are fascinating. 

In digital world, we all craved to be listened. 
Some people actively post their pictures on social platform and some others write a blog to share their thought with people. (Yes, this is what I am doing right now.) We call this process "personal branding".

When it comes to building a personal brand, most of the time we tend to build something that we hope will be likable or welcoming. However, sometimes the result is not as good as we expect. Even when we do get a good result, if we are not being who we are, we tend to feel exhausted or unhappy.


" You don't have to change who you are, you have to become more who you are."
- Sally Hogshead


Imagine you are being interviewed for a sales job. 
You know that salespersons have to be outgoing or a little bragging, so you act like the most passionate salesperson you have ever seen. At the end of the interview, you finally earn the job. But for the rest of your professional sales life, you feel tired and confused. From the bottom of your heart, you know this is not who you truly are and you feel lost.

Fortunately, Sally Hogshead finds the 7 triggers that we all have in our personality to help us find our Fascination advantages. (And thanks to our professor Joanne Tombrakos's share.) The 7 triggers are

7 triggers: Innovation Passion Power Prestige Trust Mystique Alert


According Fascination Advantage Assessment, we have different percentage of each advantage. What we have to do is making the most use of the largest two advantages, and avoiding the least one. Based on our primary and secondary advantages, the assessment gives us a name of our archetype.


My result shows that I'm the mediator: Alert + Trust 
In fact, I was the unhappy salesperson. After I quit the sales job, I accidentally got a new job as an advertising planner. This job was still stressful though, I finally had a position which perfectly fit me. I kept all the campaigns on track and on budget. I was considered to be a reliable parter within a team. It all comes from my primary and secondary fascination advantages: Alert and Trust. I wouldn't be as fascinating if I was a powerful leader or a passionate salesperson.

If you were ever confused about yourself and even lost your confidence, I highly recommend you to do the Fascination Advantage Assessment. It helps you to bring some elements of you back and guide you to apply these advantages. After all, We all deserve to be fascinating.



Lesley comes from Taiwan and currently study in NYU. Here is the blog that Lesley shares her point of view toward the incredibly fun digital world.